Tank transfer.

Ok. So I've done a lot of what ppl have said couldn't be done, but I NEED this transfer to be smooth as wax.

Plan is to transfer my LR with a shyt ton of coral. ( for those that have followed my bowfront) to a 40g breeder tank.

New sand....same sand I've always used.

How much water from the 46g can I use for the 40g?

I'm preparing for Water changes with the new substrate but I'm getting sketchy as time gets closer..... All my SPS...all my ..everything is getting transferred to this new tank...:frustrat:

When I moved my tank I used all the old water then did a 30% change the next day. I used all my old sand, rinsed of course. I never saw a spike. I think you'll be ok. Its much worse thinking about it then doing the actual move.

I'm sure you are going to have pretty much all the equipment setup prior to moving?

Good luck!!!

When I did my transfer, I kept about 50% of my old water, and used my old sand. I just made sure I rinsed it very, very well. Before you take anything out, drain the water out into your buckets(that way the crud stays out that water) and then remove the rocks and place them in the buckets. You want to shake the rocks a lil to remove the debris from them before placing them in the bucket. It shouldn't take you as long as you think. Good luck with the transfer.

Yea everything including equipment is getting transfered. Only thing new to the tank will be new substrate. Rinsing the old stuff is to much of a PITA.

Gunna try and get this done on Sunday or Monday as ive finished buying 99% of the stuff needed for my cube and need the bowfront out of the living room.

Back