Tank

athomas3684

Reefing newb
:question:
Since I am a brand new newbie I would like to know where is a good place to buy a tank. Is the local pet stores(Petmart) a reliable place?

petsmart is an ok place, ebay but watch it you don't spend more there then you would at the LFS walmart has some deals on tanks. Hope this helps out some and good luck. :D

Depending on the size, type, and kind of system you want, check out local retailers, pet stores, etc, then before you buy check out the internet i.e. Oceanic, all glass, .coms or just browse aquarium tanks through your browser. you will be able to check out total cost delivered and compare.

jhnrb said:
Depending on the size, type, and kind of system you want, check out local retailers, pet stores, etc, then before you buy check out the internet i.e. Oceanic, all glass, .coms or just browse aquarium tanks through your browser. you will be able to check out total cost delivered and compare.
I agree do your resource first

My advice would be to stick with one of the manufacturers that have a good reputation.

Glass Tanks:
All-Glass
Oceanic
etc

Sorry I don't know on the acrylics...

You can buy the above at the places mentioned above, but you can also buy some cheaper quality tanks that are made with thinner glass etc that you might want to stay away from.

I got my glass 55 gallon from Walmart about 5 years ago, and it's still going strong. And their tank stands are nice looking, sturdy, and much cheaper than anywhere else. The only problem that I've had with it is that the generic replacement hoods for 55 gallon tanks that you get in pet stores and fish stores don't fit exactly right (they're about 2 mm too long), so I've had to use a hacksaw to file the edges down to get the lights and hoods to fit in just right.

Back