Teach me!!!

Nonfamous

Reefing newb
Okay, I'm a horrible photographer. I want to get better pictures of my tank. Here is one I just took. Tell me what you think.

103_0964.jpg

Thanks! I did a little colour adjustment to it. Still, the sand is too bright. It also fail to show the true nature of the sand. Its nasty. I know my Kodak is a cheapy, but I'm hoping to get some tips.

The sand is the brightest thing in the tank, reflecting the light from your lights straight above it. So you need to expose for the sand, not the rock, if that's what you're trying to show us. Then your rock will be a bit dark, but depending on your software you may be able to bring out the shadow detail in post.

The sand is the brightest thing in the tank, reflecting the light from your lights straight above it. So you need to expose for the sand, not the rock, if that's what you're trying to show us. Then your rock will be a bit dark, but depending on your software you may be able to bring out the shadow detail in post.

Listen to this guy... He does this kind of thing for a living.

So the wife.com got me a GoPro Hero 2 for fathers day! Thanks Dear!!!!

I'm going to try to shoot a short video from inside the tank. Kind of a fish eye view. Should be interesting. Should be.....if not....well, I guess no one will ever see it!

Back