Teds 45 gallon mixed reef

I usually put a powerhead down a lil lower to keep water flow. Then just siphon right out of the display tank to where my rocks are barely under water. That's 20g of water. And then throw in a maxijet 1200 into the fresh salt water drum and have the water go into the display tank. I've been reading on r2r about wet skimming water changes. Just have your skimmer run wet to pull the water out and then just put fresh saltwater into your ato bucket to keep the salinity correct.

Well I did take the water out of the display. I guess I could just turn off the sump for water changes.

Return sucking air will damage your pump, also I wouldn't just dump new water into your display tank, I would use low flow (like a tons aqua lifter) and add it to your sump. Also don't turn your system off when you do water changes. You want to mix the new water with your existing tank water.

Just got some new zoahs....
photo86.jpg

I so need a better camera then this crappy phone...Anyway since its all I have i just have to deal with it for now. These are my corals with just the atinic lights on..Fuzzy shrooms and two zoah colonies.
photo88.jpg
photo87.jpg
Getting there but going slow...

Fuzzy shrooms are awesome and hay it's not a race its all good.
To bad you & I don't live closer I'd hook you up with a few frags. I'm clearing out some room right now from my tank.

More stuff would be really cool...I haven't really gotten to know many people local. I keep thinking that I need to join the local club. Just haven't done it.

Yeah the local clubs here in the Albany ny area arnt all that friendly so I've stayed away from the ones here more so been just chatting up folks at my LFS's

Y'all need to come down here. I sold some zoas to buy more than traded some red hornets purple hornets and salted agaves for a 10 headed space monster. Just to trade for some more. It's great

Its funny I have gotten to be fairly friendly with the owner of my favorite fish store...I havent paid full price on anything so far. I would just like to get some of the bright colors I keep seeing on here...If he had it in stock I would just buy from him. I would prefer to keep him in business. I dont mind paying a few extra dollars for stuff when it come with so much experience in the biz. A good example was when I set my overflow that I did not buy from him. I called him and he could hear how loud it was. Told me to come by the shop. I was there in 10 minutes. He made me a silencer, nothing fancy but it worked. Cost me $6...for making my tank silent which is only a few feet from my bed he could have asked for $100 and I would have paid it...

well this makes for an opportunity when you do get the bright colorful corals you want to set up a frag exchange with him one of the shops here is all local frags there stock is first come first serve and hit and miss. But I like it because it's never whats hot in the hobby. and you cant beat 3 good sized frags for $27.00 :D

Place my first ever internet Coral order. Bought the soft coral pack and extreme coral zoo pack from reefs to go. I will let you know how it goes.

Ok well I didnt get the order in time for Tuesday delivery so I asked then to ship Thursday...I dont have to be in to work until 3pm so hopefully..everything will be ok.....:grumble:

So got home from work and got the box opened and drip acclimated and into the tank tonight...most of them started to open a little...I guess we will see how they look tomorrow and in the next few days....These where so small....11 frags for $180...looks like I got some great colors, If/when they open I will post some pics for now have to deal with package shots...
photo89.jpg
photo90.jpg
photo91.jpg
photo92.jpg
got my first experience tying a ric down....It wasnt on anything in the bag. So I used some fishing line and a needle and attached it to a rock. It was what WWM said to do...The one ric is the size of a nickle...

According to the packing list and the tags on the bags I got in today...Paly-bg-articice 5 polyps, Ric..(looks green) Shroom green strip, Shroom red, zoo bg-bambam 5 polyps (two of those), zoo candyapple 5 polyps (two of those), zoo cocospink 5 polypss, zoo greenapple 5 polyps (two of those)....I did the soft coral pack and the zoo extreme pack so there where so duplicates but I am ok with that...Now that they are out of the bags and in the tank....I have no idea what is what...lol..

Hopefully you did not get a bust order from them they are dicey on there orders JMO. I really hope your corals make it and cant wait to see them happy. the Bam Bams are really cool one of my fave zoa.

Back