Kyle's Super Awesome 40 Gallon Reef

My hammer is finally happy! He hasn't opened this much in months!
1399413089616.jpg

You should try a Sea Hare. They are GREAT at cleaning algae problems up. But, if they die, you better be ready for some serious water changes. Or, another alternative is, Urchins. Only problem with Urchins is they love to move stuff that isn't glued down around. As long as water params are stable, I'd recommend the Sea Hare. I love em

Hey guys. Tank is rough, we've been busy and maintenance has been, well, close to non-existent. I was just checking in and was going to release so.e bad news...

Tank is gonna be coming down due to some family hardships. To be brief, my parents are separating and we will be moving in with my dad when our lease is up at the end of this month so we can help him keep his house temporarily. I may, at best, set up a 10 gallon to keep me going, but I may not, we will have to see. I'm keeping my equipment so I can get going again, but it may be awhile.

Yeah, it will. I'm thinking it may be time for a break. We're only going to be there for 6 months or so and moving sucks, but a 10 gallon might be key.

Hey guys, finally got moved in last week. Absolutely no room for a tank. :( I let my wife keep her Malawi tank and that's going to be it for now. On a positive note, we have 3 red zebra males and 3 L. caruleus females that are now breeding and we also have a pair of bristle nose plecos that have been seperated but were breeding in the past, so that's some cool news.

I think when we move out, we'll probably stay away from salty tanks until we buy a house, but I think I will pursue a tank that has always captivated me: Amazon River Basin biotope. It'll be awhile, but I'll let y'all know.

In the mean time, I will stop by here and there, y'all are a great bunch. I hope everyone else is doing good, things are rough here, but we'll get through it.

No anaconda, unfortunately. I'll probably have 3-5 A. cacatuoides, 3-5 M. ramiriezi, a large (25+) school of some sort of tetra and a pair of bristle nose plecos. I would love to do an enormous paludarium, jaguar, caiman and all, but that's a little far fetched right now.

No anaconda, unfortunately. I'll probably have 3-5 A. cacatuoides, 3-5 M. ramiriezi, a large (25+) school of some sort of tetra and a pair of bristle nose plecos. I would love to do an enormous paludarium, jaguar, caiman and all, but that's a little far fetched right now.

We can always dream big, Kyle :)

Back