temp controller?

salt01

Reefing newb
Looking to buy temp controller but unsure which one to get for heating.Any good ones for the price looking to drop bout $100 on one.If anyone has good suggestions on like 3 good ones it would be very greatfull.

+1 BJ

It will be a safer way to run your heater too. If it malfunctions, the reefkeeper will cut the power to it and you wont fry your tank... a pretty common occurrence.

Thanks alot. Just got the reefkeeper yesterday and wow what a nice unit. Looks like im going to have to add on later to get full control. Its like overkill on controls for my tank but i would rather have more options than not enough. Great unit

Google.. "STC-1000" .. Is what I use and it keeps my tank between 76.46° and 77.56°. And you can generally get one to your door for around $35. They are professional units and are sold by the millions.

I have my heater and my over tank fans connected to it. It is rated at 120VAC @ 30 AMPS. It comes with the probe. You connect the power, the probe, and there is a place for the heater and the chiller (or in my case the fans). HOWEVER, you need to be fairly good with wiring, because it is designed like many professional units with wire clamp connections as used in machine wiring. AND, the instructions are trade jargon and may be tough to understand if you aren't wiring friendly.

Back