temperature

i keep mine between 78 and 80 as well, althouth most everything can servive up to 82 degrees the key is to not have swings of 2 or 3 degrees over a 24 hour time period,maintaining a stable temp will ensure animal servival rates

well you need a good heater that has adjustable tempature,they have alot of brands to choose from,and if you want to lower the temp you can add a couple small fans to blow across the top of the water

What do you believe is making the water too hot? The temperature of the house, or your lights, or the heater?
Do you have an screen top or a glass (solid) top? If its' a solid top you can convert to a screen top, if it's your lights you may be able to move them up a bit off the water, depending on corals and placement of course. For me, I had to bite the bullet and start using the air conditioning in my house over the summer, I didn't mind the house at around 85 but my tank sure did...

thanks guys, i think its my lights, as with my sytem there built into the hood which is close to the water, and is giving of heat i have 2 heaters in the tank but, i have turned them off, its currectly sitting at 27 degrees celcius i have turned both the heaters off, also powerhead could be giving off a little heat, i got my water tested after 2 weeeks cycling and have now added to captivity bread clowns, which seem to be pottering along fine, i feel bad not having an anenonme for them to host but i have been advised not to add any coral life as of yet,

Back