Tentacle?

ErinCahir

Sausage Wrangler
Gosh darn it I hate posting in here with no pictures... but until I get a better camera, it's the only way.

On this newish piece of rock there are these two tentacle-like things that stick out at night.
It doesn't look like a star, and if it's a spaghetti worm it's freaking huge.
The tentacle stick out (at the most) about four inches. The only way I can describe it is it looks like an elephant trunk... gray and kind of wrinkly, and it even moves like an elephant trunk.
There's nothing too close to it, so it hasn't really bothered anything yet.
Any thoughts?

That could definitely be it... do they get really skinny? I'd say mine is about as big around as like a headphone wire...

Erin that sounds like something I saw in my tank recently. The trunk doesn't unroll but rather gets linger from within. Does yours do that?

may be a Peanut Worm now thinking of it I was going to say Tongue Worm because they can stretch out from your live rock pretty far and curl right back up and they are a grayish brown. But I did not hear anything about a "Y" shaped end on the rock itself. not that Tongue Worms are back they are actually a helper from what I have read. Any who seems this is salved for you :D

I have a peanut worm but rarely see it. I do see a stringy line of poop near his area on a regular basis so I assume he's eating well! I think they're cool looking. When I do see it, I get my magnifying glass out and I can see his head or mouth, not sure exactly, but something comes out of the trunk and nibbles at stuff on the rock. If a fish swims near, he shrivels up and sucks back in.

Ewww... they look like weiners.

Well, from what I've seen on google, anyway.

From what you've seen on google as far as weiners or worms?
Hahahaha.

And chiqui mine is a little too far back to see him that well... but now I'm kind of jealous.

Back