Testing and adding stuff.

stagofdoom

Phi Kappa Psi
So recently ive noticed my corals arnt doing as good as they should.

So Im wondering, what does everybody test for and what do they add on a regular basis. Also how regularly do you test.

Im going to start testing on a regular basis but I was wondering what I should test for and what stuff I need to add to the tank if needed.

the only thing i reguarly test is alk cal and mag and i try to keep them in a close rang so that they do not drop a lot before doseing to get them back to were i want them

If you are just starting to get into hard corals and want to see if you need to do any dosing, I would suggest testing alk/ca/mag every 2-3 days to get an idea of the tanks consumption.
If your tank is well established and you know your dosing schedule or if no dosing is needed, I think testing ca and alk 1/month is fine. Mag can be tested every couple months.
Personally, I haven't tested pH or nitrate in years and don't even have test kits for them. I test my ca/alk/mag about every 2 months. I don't test for anything else.

I test cal,alk,mag,and PH everyday.PH I just look at my ACjr.Then dose enough to keep the levels stable.

geez yote you must love testing :).

I test for cal / alk once a month. When I first started testing it was weekly just to see what my tank was using.

Back