Tetra Micro Crabs

Coral Commander

Reefing newb
I have been using Tetra Micro Crabs for years to feed my fish because it is convenient and they seem to love it. I just discovered lately that they no longer produce it. I was wondering if anyone can recommend something comparable. Check out the following site for information on the product:

NEW! MicroCrab Granules (1.41 oz)

That looks like pretty cheesy food. The healthiest way to go is to feed a variety of frozen foods.

Dude. Chill out. You don't need to insult everything everyone does.

Although I will admit, begrudgingly, that he has a point.
Frozen would be better. What's your tank and stock list like?

You could get yourself some freeze dried or frozen cyclop-eeze to feed your fish, it's pretty much the same thing you we're feeding.

Dude. Chill out. You don't need to insult everything everyone does.

Although I will admit, begrudgingly, that he has a point.
Frozen would be better. What's your tank and stock list like?

I didn't mean it in a bad way. I meant that now, since it's discontinued, it's a good oprotunity to upgrade your feeding.

Maybe reread what you type before you post it. Things get out of hand when all we have to go off is your written word.

I currently feed my fish a frozen variety food in addition to the crabs. One reason I liked the crabs is because it's quick and easy to feed them when I am in a hurry and also it's easy to feed the shrimp since they are small enough for them to grab. I hand feed both my shrimp and it's hard sometimes to hold on to frozen food in the water because it has a tendency to disintegrate rather quickly. I realize that the crabs aren't necessarily the most nutritious which is why I used it as a supplement. I like some of the food suggestions that have been given so far but one of my concerns is that the size of the food may be a little large. Currently I only have a Clown in my tank and it's about an inch long so the size of the food can't be too terribly large otherwise I fear that it wont be able to eat the food.

Last edited:
Back