The Best Laid Plans..Damn

PRC

Stop Quoting Me!
First off, I would like to send a sincere thank you to everybody on the forum who has helped me with my tank cycling, and the thousands of questions that I asked throughout the process. I got home from work today and decided to go up to the LFS. I tested my water yesterday and everything looked proper, but to be on the safe side I took some water with me.....

They tested it for me and Voila! I'm ready to go, I'm completely cycled!!!.

So I went back home to pick up my wife and kids, I wanted them to be involved in the decision of the first fish as well. (Although I would carefully lead them to the Green Chromis).

So we walked aorund for about 10 minutes and ...well, these are the weirdest looking Green Chromis on the planet!

These are a mated pair of clowns (obviously) The shop owner sold them to me for $20.00!! so I couldn't pass it up. You can certainly tell they're a mated pair because all "he" does is follow her around all day. And all "She" does is badger and nip at him. They were obviously meant for each other.

I can't believe that I'm so excited over a couple of fish. Thanks again everybody!.

As usual, sorry for the poor quality pics.

Attachments

• Clown1.jpg
    Clown1.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 231
  • Clown2.jpg
    Clown2.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 207
  • Clown3.jpg
    Clown3.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 225
wow score on the fish!!! I'm always excited over fish too. I spend hours watching em.

I haven't left the room yet...They seem to be adjusting really well, they're just swimming around like they've been in there for years. Actually he's swimming she's chasing.:D She kinda' seems like a bitch! LOL

Last edited:
I can't go with an anenome yet, my tank is too new...I didn't know they hosted anything other than anenomes. Do you recommend a hariy mushroom, are their other options as well? Forgive my ignorance, are these LPS or SPS....I was told that I might want to stay away from SPS until my tnak is very stable.

Last edited:
I can't go with an anenome yet, my tank is too new...I didn't know they hosted anything other than anenomes. Do you recommend a hariy mushroom, are their other options as well? Forgive my ignorance, are these LPS or SPS....I was told that I might want to stay away from SPS until my tnak is very stable.

I just say hairy mushrooms since I had a tomato clown that hosted a rock full of em once. Thats about the most exp I have with clowns. He was pretty cool though.

Your clowns look like Clarki Clowns to me. great deal at 20 bucks!!! good additions. And yes... they are known to host an anenome or a hairy mushroom but i wouldnt worry about it. Its 50/50 if they host anything at all and they do not need to host anything to stay alive. they will do just fine the way they are now. And yes.... SPS corals are a little tricky to keep. Lighting (Very high output) and water quality will need to be near perfect all the time. a mushroom is not a SPS though and are fairly easy to keep. your choice though. good luck.

Thanks for the info, I Googled hairy mushroom..It seems liek a great alternative to an anenome. pretty easy to care for and clowns love'em. I'll send pics your way when I find one. Thanks for the help.

Look who just came out of nowhere. I was reading about clownfish and almost pissed my pants when I looked up. He's freaky looking, but he is cool to watch.

Attachments

• bristle2.jpg
    bristle2.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 204
  • Bristlew1.jpg
    Bristlew1.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 214
Hairy mushrooms are a perfect alternative to anemones. They are super easy to keep, not demanding, and most clowns take to them very well (my pair of clowns host hairy shrooms).

You got Bristleworms kind sir, I lend you my hand and my sword in the battle that will ensue in about a year or two. For great honor it will be! (Assuming they multiply ps, they can get to 10+ in). Good to have keeps the sand moving, keep the population in check though - aka do not overfeed the tank.

Back