The Best Laid Plans..Damn

Awesome to see your tank doing so well. You will be ugrading to a 500 gallon in no time now.

Bristle worms are good and bad. They move your sand around, but have been accused of eating some corals. They get much much much longer than 10 inches though.

p_069_s.jpg

Awesome to see your tank doing so well. You will be ugrading to a 500 gallon in no time now.

Bristle worms are good and bad. They move your sand around, but have been accused of eating some corals. They get much much much longer than 10 inches though.

p_069_s.jpg
WTF!!! Thats a Bristleworm?????? I would be more worried about it eating me then my corals.

There are a few species of bristle worm that actively feed on corals.Though they are few and far between.
Google Bobbit worms and see what shows up.:D

I am going to have nightmares tonight.

But i did find this interesting little tidbit "A common myth about the Bobbit Worm is that they got their name from the fact that the female worms cuts off the penis of the male worm after mating, and then feeds it to her young. This is actually not true."

Okay, I will have nightmares for two reasons now.

The largest I have seen in one of my tanks has been about 10-12 inches. I made the mistake of grabbing it when it was behind a rock. I had to take my rocks out to finally get it.

"You can certainly tell they're a mated pair because all "he" does is follow her around all day. And all "She" does is badger and nip at him. They were obviously meant for each other."

Now that's funny! I don't care who you are. :mrgreen:

Congrats on the new fish, and the freshly cycled tank. All I can say now is .........LET THE GAMES BEGIN! Have fun. Oh, and I love the pic of the 5 foot bristle worm, especially nice touch is the tongs laying next to the tire that the guy picked it up with, LMAO

If my bristle worm gets that big, I'm moving out of my house...He can have it. I'm never going to have a fight with a 5 ft anything in my tank. But mine is pretty cool to watch...He's blue..I haven't seen one on google or anywhere else that's blue. I threw a little mysis in the tank last night, while I just had the blue actinics on. Within about 2 minutes he came out. After I saw him, I read online that if you feed at night they will come out of the rock..

Congrats on your first fish! Great deal on them too, usually LFSs charge like $50 or more for a mated pair. And by the way the clowns don't actually have to host anything but it is cool to watch them roll around in your corals.

I don't care what anyone says, I think bristle worms are great to have, I've got hundreds of them, some of which are around a foot long. Sometimes I take out my tongs at night when I see an extra large looking one just to see how big it actually is lol.

They will come out at night regardless. Wait until a little bit after your tank goes dark, get a flash light, and then look in there.

Congrats!!!

so, just how good does it feel to get throught the cycling process???? i'm hoping to find out sooner rather than later....

If feels great! Now that the 4 1/2 weeks is over I'm really glad I waited. I know that I did what I was supposed to with my tank, and it gave me alot of time to read about what to do and not to do.

I'm excited to see yours come along....Just the thought of not having to worry about "is that fish going to grow to big for my tank" has got to be liberating.

I'm takin' my kids back to the LFS today to get some cheap frags:bounce:.

Back