The continuing batttle L.E.D.

jr7168

Artic Reefer!
Okay so i am gonna get some new lights. I am wanting the goods but at a cheap price. So i am thinking about either the AI SOL super blues or the Ecotech Radion gen 1's?

Please share thoughts and experiences since they have both been around awhile. Yes i am searched the bejesus out of everything on here and other sites. but its good info for me to beat like a dead horse before i buy.

You're going to find two camps of thought on this: Those that bought into the AI platform and like it, and those that bought into the EcoTech platform and liked it. you'll probably also see some folks that had the AI sols and went back to whatever they had before due to coral coloration issues. This is likely due to the lack of a UV spectrum - some people seemed to have issues while others didnt

I have the Sol Super Blues myself, and will be upgrading them to the Vega's when the upgrade process is made available. I thing the largest difference between AI and EcoTech is how existing customers are treated. AI has said that there will be an upgrade process for current owners, but like everything else we're still waiting. EcoTech seems to be a lot better at taking care of those that have spent $$$ previously to invest in their platform.

I have the EcoTech Vortech pumps for my system, and love the customer service and the product.

Both are good companies that offer a good product

DO you know if the Gen 1 Radions have the storm features and stuff? or is that just the gen 2 and pro's? I have 2 MP10w's getting here in a day or so. so i am evaluating i wont necessarily have alot of SPS mostly LPS and soft stuff

Back