The Mag-Flip

bigploch

Fan of Water
Has anyone bought or used one of these? I have a 110 that uses 3/8" glass ( i think). I have the Mag Float 125 from my old tank and want to upgrade to the bigger one but keep seeing the "Mag Flip". Anyone used one?

I also have the Mag Float 125, but I think I may actually get this flip thing...THAT SCRAPER LOOKS AWESOME!

Wow...right on...that sucks...I was kind of hoping that squee-gee looking thing would work pretty good for my tank. I've got this layer/salt ring on my tank that has been there ever since I got (used off of Craigslist) and my magfloat doesn't seem to do a thing for it. Oh well, back to the drawing board

May be it's just me. It got some good reviews, but I couldn't get the thing to have enough power to do scraping. Handheld scrapper works best!

yea my lfs guy tried to sell me on this addon scraper that you could glue to one of the mag float scrubber things... i passed on it, and just went with a long handle scraper. I actually got the one with the interchangeable heads, so i have a scooper, a scraper and a scrubber..

I have the mag float 350 and for my 850 I have the mag float 500 I love them I also have purchased two different style scrapers that you glue to the mag float Which I have them both glued to a 350 mag. I use them in my bigger tanks and love both styles. One is easy blade and the other is made by oceans motions. I think they do a great job, you just need to rinse them after you have used them so the blade lasts longer.

dwinzent your 120 glass is more than an inch thick? WOW! over build :) my 850 is only 3/4"

its actually a lobster breeding tank made for red lobster the restaurant. it has a chiller build in this thing is built like a tank! (no pun intended) its really wierd though because there is the main show tank on it, then there is two sections under that. there is a area with crushed coral because they used undergravel filters but did not want to have gravel in the main tank (holds about 20 gal) then under that there is a fiberglass part that holds the chiller coils and the thermostat.(holds about 40 gal) but the main tank is about 120 dimensions are real close to 48x24x24 but thats why i say i have a 200 gal setup.

yea my lfs guy tried to sell me on this addon scraper that you could glue to one of the mag float scrubber things... i passed on it, and just went with a long handle scraper.

Man you passed on one of my most favoritist maintenance tools! I believe it's called the Easy Blade. I will never go without one!

Back