The widow

wontonflip

I failed Kobayashi Maru
Bummer :( Lost my male clownfish. Vanished without a trace. One day he was there, then one day, not there. I checked pipes, sumps, overflow...no sign. I missed a feeding and he must've starved to death because my female is so aggressive that he only gets a little food. Guess he couldn't handle a missed feeding. :frustrat: I'm guessing the crabs and maybe even the bengai ate him. He and the female clownfish were my first 2 saltwater fish. I've had them for almost a year.

I'm so mad at myself!! I don't want to get another fish until the 125 is set up. Sigh. My hubby allowed me to get another one....but I'm feeling a bit lacking in confidence to put a new fish in...anyone ever feel like that after a preventable loss?? When I lost my 2spot goby for no apparent reason, I immediate replaced him. But this time, because I knew it was more than likely my fault, I am paranoid about putting a new fish in.

*Sigh*

Sorry to hear about your loss, but I wouldn't beat myself up about it...I don't think he would have died from 1 day of not eating, I'm sure you have pods in the tank for him to eat on if there is no food...he probably got beat up by the female or anything...unfortunately, they(fish)die for no reason sometimes...again sorry about the loss, but don't blame yourself, go ahead and get another one:D

My fish go MIA all the time.
My 5 month old sixline was the only one I found because he clogged the drain pipe.
My firefish i had for about 9 or 10 months just went missing this past week. My bi-color blenny before that. And yesterday I put in a tiny anorexic looking midas blenny and he's no where to be found today, although he could be playing the shy new fish game. I put in 3 green chromis a few months ago and after two days I was down to two, and after another day I was down to one. He's still with us. My clown is the only one of my original fish still going. But other than the sixline, I never found the others. My wife calls my tank the Holocaust Tank. I'm starting to wonder if my big GBTA is playing the role of Hitler. :squint:

My fish go MIA all the time.
My 5 month old sixline was the only one I found because he clogged the drain pipe.
My firefish i had for about 9 or 10 months just went missing this past week. My bi-color blenny before that. And yesterday I put in a tiny anorexic looking midas blenny and he's no where to be found today, although he could be playing the shy new fish game. I put in 3 green chromis a few months ago and after two days I was down to two, and after another day I was down to one. He's still with us. My clown is the only one of my original fish still going. But other than the sixline, I never found the others. My wife calls my tank the Holocaust Tank. I'm starting to wonder if my big GBTA is playing the role of Hitler. :squint:
The GBTA thinks you are very nice feeding him these tasty fish.

I hate to hear about your clown Wonton.But Smittys right,missing one feeding had nothing to do with him going MIA.
A lot a times we forget that there IS other stuff growing and living in our tanks that the fish can and do eat.

I also agree that missing one feeding wouldn't have killed him, so don't feel guilty. Fish die for no apparent reason in all of our tanks at one time or another. I know I've had my share of "mystery deaths". It almost sucks more than it being your fault, because at least if it's your fault, you can identify the problem and fix it so it doesn't happen again. Sometimes it's just bad luck :(

Thanks guys...you guys were good for a smile, especially d2's possible-psychotic-serial-fishkiller gbta. I bet he's good under interrogation! Playing with your head and stuff...turning the interrogation around on you and making you feel bad about how you treat your mother and making you forget about your fish.

Back