Thermometer & Heaters

clownster

Reefing newb
Well I've always ready you should replace your heaters every year or so. Well mine seem to be working fine, but I thought it was time

My question is what about a Thermometer, the one I have has never really read a true temp, the cheap glass tune ones do a better job, but I want a digital one. Any ideas on something that will give me a true reading. Links would be great if you have them.

Robb

Look into a controller...the weakest link in the hobby is the heater. A controller will turn it off if it tries to boil the tank and can have a alarm if it gets to cold. Controllers also have thermometers built into them. Added bonus...they can turn on a fan if you need it, run your lights, run the ato, monitor ph, run your reactors. Some will even text you if there is a issue or send a email. If you add up all the stuff they can do compared to what individual monitors cost, its a great investment...

I bought basically the same unit but from marine depot. The one at marine depot comes with the SL1 unit which is needed to run the float switch for a ato and had a free ph probe. If all you are looking to do is run the unit to safe guard the heater and run your lights Then the base unit is all you need. If you are going to have it run the ato you need to move up to one with a SL1 unit. At bulk reef you have two options the basic which you showed and the plus which has 2 4 plug units the SL 1 unit and the ph probe. I didnt need 8 plugs so I went to marine depot.

Thanks Ted. Was looking at that one and it seems like a good price. Did they drop in price? My memory tells me there were more than that 8 months or so ago..

Back