These have to be the luckiest fish ever

Marines_Wife

Reef enthusiast
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KoEKCl-Pso&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL]‪Gewitter_HP-Aquaristik.wmv‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Cool does not even begin to cover it

They'd be luckier if they were in the wild, swimming freely LOL I'd likely hit mute because the thunder would overpower the sound of my TV. Nice setup though.

Sure I'd love to be taken out of the wild then put in an artificial huricane like what might happen in the wild. :disappoin

But that's a really cool idea anyway.

Compared to a fish in a nano tank, these are very lucky. Compared to those in the open ocean - that's a different story. Anyway, it's a very cool setup that I'm sure has much more of a wow factor for the humans viewing it. I'm sure the fish are just downright annoyed.

Good god, you people know how to depress people. Your tanks arent any different LOL

exactly what i thought when i first read the comments

the guy did an awesome job and is just trying to make it more realistic for the fish, yeah their not in the wild but none of our fish are

its like us using moonlights to immitate the light in the wild , its not the real thing but its a nice little feature

exactly what i thought when i first read the comments

the guy did an awesome job and is just trying to make it more realistic for the fish, yeah their not in the wild but none of our fish are

its like us using moonlights to immitate the light in the wild , its not the real thing but its a nice little feature

Im trying to figure out how realistic any of our ATO or even manual TO are in comparison to the ocean...or even that

I wonder if they could set it up to match the natural oceans seasons and could get some fish or other spawning to happen. It would also require some other changes with the tank, like water movement.

ok,i have to say there are several benafits to our tanks vs the wild,for one thing they get a safe place that if done properly they will not get eaten,for another thing most of us cater to our fish making sure they have everything their little hearts content that most fish never have to go hungary,granted there is always going to be the people who dont care about their fish and inverts to give them a quality of life,that and in the wild if a fish gets sick it 99% of the time doesnt make it out alive,at least we can fix some of the problems that make fish sick,i realize not very many will agree with me but thats just my opinion

I wonder if they could set it up to match the natural oceans seasons and could get some fish or other spawning to happen. It would also require some other changes with the tank, like water movement.

i remember a while back i was going through some threads on another forum and a person was able to immitate the moon by its phases after a good while and perfect parameters latter his clams were so comfortable thats they started matting ( releasing sperm and whatnot) if i ever find that thread ill post it

That is so cool!! Those fish are hella lucky!! :D I am totally showing this to my fiance! I want a fish room with realistic moon phases and storms :D

My friend is building a raining ATO like that, I think we were considering doing it together. Ill let you know if that goes down :)

I think the only drawback of having a raining ATO would be the inevitable clean up of extra salt creep, otherwise, that's freakin' awesome.

yea salt creap would be terrible with the splashing its doing,but if your willing to clean it up then go for it lol,would probably play hell with your salinity if the salt is bad enough

Im working on a earthquake simulator, but I keep breaking the glass and ruining my floors.....and yes I'm kidding L:mrgreen:L Cool set up...

Back