Thinking on getting some more zoanthids

Grassman

Reefing newb
Hi Everyone,

I was thinking on getting some more zoas for my DT. I found a place 2 1/2 hours way that has them of $15 for 5-8 polyps per. Just wondering if that is a good price since I live in Canada, and if some are not compatible with others. Here's some pick of the ones Kim & I want. The site is Coral Crazy

38boilingredzoa-500x500.jpg

45yellow-500x500.jpg

66red-500x500.jpg

69neongreen-500x500.jpg

113-500x500.jpg

I also though this Acroporas Frag looked kinda neat for $35 for a 1-2" frag.

True%20Bali%20Tricolor1-500x500.jpg

I love Zoanthids. IMO you cannot have to many of them. Those red ones in the first shot are very beautiful.

I was hoping someone would say that. As far as I can tell they also have a store in Harrow whereever that is, but I think it's the states someplace.

That price sounds fair for zoas. Those pics look nice! It'll be good that you get to see them in person before you buy them.

I notcied when I found the site they have the same pictures as Fragalot.ca and a bunch of other sites. Hmmm...does everyone sell the exact same formation? LOL! I've been emailing them and found out they opened on the 31st of Dec, and everything I wanted won't be shipped in until the 22nd. I think I'll go for a drive the following weekend and see how they look then. I don't have my kids that weekend and Kim & I can get out of the house and go for a day trip to Windsor which will be a 5 hours drive there and back.

Could be that the stores are affiliated, or that they are using the same supplier and are posting pics that the supplier provided.

Those prices sound very fair, so since you are driving out there in a month or so, check them out before you buy. I also advise calling them the day before you go out there to make sure they have the zoas in. Sometimes shipments get delayed or things die during transport. Would hate you to waste 5 hours and not get anything out of it.

Suspect!

I have found some Companies use the same pictures as other Companies, and when I'm searching on line I think I have already been to the new site before, but I haven't. What bugs me even more is when it is a WYSIWYG and I buy it. Then a month of two later they have the same picture up again as a WYSIWYG. I think hey I bought that, or at least I thought I did. In addition, I have found that sometimes the WYSIWYG coral in no way resembles the said pictured coral. That pisses me off.

Could be that the stores are affiliated, or that they are using the same supplier and are posting pics that the supplier provided.

I sure hope they aren't affiliated with Fragalot. That guy has nothing but bad press so I've read. More people aren't happy with him then are. I was going to go to his store which is closer til I did a lot of reading about him.

Those prices sound very fair, so since you are driving out there in a month or so, check them out before you buy. I also advise calling them the day before you go out there to make sure they have the zoas in. Sometimes shipments get delayed or things die during transport. Would hate you to waste 5 hours and not get anything out of it.

Glad to hear they are a good price. I've been emailing the couple that have the store and they are going to send me picture they take of them on the 28th so i can see them. If they don't have all 5 then I'm not going to make the trip. It would be nice to get out of the house for a day. Just her and I and the car. never know, I might get "lost" down a back road and have the car die...then what?!?!?! :shock:

Suspect!

I have found some Companies use the same pictures as other Companies, and when I'm searching on line I think I have already been to the new site before, but I haven't. What bugs me even more is when it is a WYSIWYG and I buy it. Then a month of two later they have the same picture up again as a WYSIWYG. I think hey I bought that, or at least I thought I did. In addition, I have found that sometimes the WYSIWYG coral in no way resembles the said pictured coral. That pisses me off.

I've never bought anything online since I split with my ex-wife. I don't own a credit card anymore. I don't want one, but sometimes they'd come in handy. I checked out 2 sites tonight and there WYSIWYG were the exact same pictures. Right down to the snail in the background. 2 different countries too. LOL! That would burn me if I ordered them and they weren't what I thought they would be. Some bad press going that companies way from me.

Zoas are my favorite, I just cant seem to find the ones you guys keep putting pictures up, and I don't want to order them online because like you say, you never know if that pic is the actual piece or not. Guess I just have to keep checking the stores every time I go to Phoenix.

Hey Cottonwood. I go to Phoenix once or twice a month and never know what the good reef stores are so I have never gone. Do you know which ones are the best ones? Thank you!

Hey Cottonwood. I go to Phoenix once or twice a month and never know what the good reef stores are so I have never gone. Do you know which ones are the best ones? Thank you!

Ha, same here. I'm in Phoenix about once a week, and I've still never been to any of the stores there.

I have only been to a couple. The one I like most so far is Aquarium Arts, its in the Mesa area. They had good prices and more selection then the other 2 places. I cant remember their names just now though. There was a good one in Scottsdale called About the Reef, but last time I was down the doors were locked by the landlord for rent owed, so I'm not sure whats going on with them now. I'll be down there on Wed and am going to check out a couple others I haven't been to, plus see a College kid who's Dad (also in phx) owns an aquarium servicing company. He has a bunch of frags for sale and goes to Cali once a month to buy from the wholesale places then sales them on the side here. If his stuff looks good I'm going to get a few things from him. His prices are around 20%-50% less than the stores, but you have to pick any livestock up from him the day he gets back from Cali....we'll see.

I have only been to a couple. The one I like most so far is Aquarium Arts, its in the Mesa area. They had good prices and more selection then the other 2 places. I cant remember their names just now though. There was a good one in Scottsdale called About the Reef, but last time I was down the doors were locked by the landlord for rent owed, so I'm not sure whats going on with them now. I'll be down there on Wed and am going to check out a couple others I haven't been to, plus see a College kid who's Dad (also in phx) owns an aquarium servicing company. He has a bunch of frags for sale and goes to Cali once a month to buy from the wholesale places then sales them on the side here. If his stuff looks good I'm going to get a few things from him. His prices are around 20%-50% less than the stores, but you have to pick any livestock up from him the day he gets back from Cali....we'll see.

I wish I lived close to the ocean...I mean the warm ones, not the ones that turn to ice in the winter. LOL! Wholesale + 15% would be a steal for me. Everything to do with marine is expensive here. I get the odd deal from Lyle, but I also help him out at the store if he needs it, otherwise the Yellow Zoas I got from him would have been about $25 - $30 for 5 polyps.

Have you checked out my "Vendors that Ship to Canada" in the vendors forum? There are several listed that sell livestock. It might be worth it to check their selection out!

I have a few polyps of bright blue zoanthids with growing green skirts. Seriously nice looking. Might have to send some out someday when they grow. :mrgreen:

Hi Everyone,

I was thinking on getting some more zoas for my DT. I found a place 2 1/2 hours way that has them of $15 for 5-8 polyps per. Just wondering if that is a good price since I live in Canada, and if some are not compatible with others. Here's some pick of the ones Kim & I want. The site is Coral Crazy

I love zoa they are beautiful and yeah you can never have to many IMO...... I would kill for Biffs zoa OMG hers are just wow amazing the Dec POTM she had in for vote wow just wow speechless. My self I'm working on getting every thing covered in zoa :D

Back