This Reefer's Travels... kraash

Well I couldn't post an SPS pic in the July photo of the month contest thread cause I didn't read the rules... haha. It wasn't my tank. SO I guess I will share these pics I took early this year of a big piece of the ocean I found out was in a small town Vandalia, Illinois USA. One of the best parts about this hobby is you get to meet great people and share this addiction of owning glass boxes of rock and water with really bright lights. Little did I know this guy loved scuba diving and wanted a tank big enough just for that. I will get to that subject in just a sec. A lot of times when reef tank hobbyists get together they like to exchange cuttings/frags. "Oh you see something you like just let me know." - "Sure you want a frag of that." It's how most of us get some of our favorite colonies started. Most people step away for a second to grab some bone cutters and a baggy. Well thats where this guy is a trip. "Sure you want a frag of that... let me go get my mask" what did he say? dude, he is taking his shirt off and going in!!! Yes his tank is that big he can't reach parts of it without going in. Just ask... he will give you the specifics.

I didn't want to start this thread without him joining the site. He did. So... what better way for him to introduce himself then to show off his tank. He doesn't have the best camera skills... sorry kraash. But he seems to know how to grow a reef tank. kraash is one of the best guys you want to meet in this hobby. Funny, crazy, and one hell of a party animal. Knows how to throw a good party as well. SO if you have any questions ask. He needs to start a post count. Without further a due. Here is my buddy kraash's tank.

kraash_tank_165.jpg

kraash_tank_178.jpg

Dennis I don't believe you put the gallons in your description. It is 525 gallons if I am not mistaken. I wish I could have made that party!!! Damn the retail life.

I was thinking the same thing about the trumpet coral.... Great SPS tank, I'm working on reistablishing my SPS, it won't be so big though...

I'm gonna steal Rigos line for this one.

PURE TANK ENVY.
I think that is probably 99.9% of the reefers out there's dream tank.

Back