Tiger Watchman Goby

reefnoob

Reefing newb
Anyone have this fish before? Easy to keep? They sift sand right? Would some sand particles be too big for them? Because I think my sand could be a little on the bigger side.

I'm not sure... Don't remember, and I threw the bag away. Just by eyeballing it, it looks like the particles range from less than a millimeter to up to 3 or 4 millimeters. Most of it is around 1 millimeter or less I would say.

I have a diamond watchmen and I have Argonite sand in my tank, he sifts it with no problem. Matter of fact, the little punk loves to take mouthfuls and try to pour them on other fish/hermits. It's slightly amusing to watch how devious he can be :P

Yeah well I don't remember what type of sand I have, and I think the particles might be too big. I'm worried that the sand will scratch the gills or other parts of the fish while they are sifting.

I saw a goby sifting a mixture of sand + crushed coral earlier today at a petco. Not sure how safe it was for the fish, but he didn't seem to be having any trouble doing it. (The coral was fairly small pieces)

Back