time to break out the kalk

Are you running any carbon? If so, what brand, how much, how often are you changing it and how are you running it (reactor or passively)?

i am not running any carbon and have not for almost 2 years. i have not been running any GFO either. but when i did run GFO i used a
TLF reactor and the carbon i used the bulkreefsupply in a big mesh bag that went infront of the intake to my pump

Yeah I just got the same problem after restarting my tank, the funny thing is, I'm running carbon and GFO in a reactor which I put back in the tank the other day with fresh media, and guess what, my dino problem just started again like yesterday when I am actively running carbon and GFO... I feel your pain.

do you think i should get some and start running it again? PO4 and nitrates test at 0
I would definitely run carbon in the reactor. A good quality carbon, like BRS Rox 0.8, BRS Lignite, TLF Hydrocarbon or TheFilterGuys Bitum, can remove more DOC's than a good protein skimmer. Removing those nutrients should help.

Back