Timers for my biocube

HeavyHittah

LivingReefs is like home
i went looking at home depot today for a timer. but i didnt buy one because i wanted to ask my people first. what would be a good timer to get for my cube. daytime timer, actinic timer, then one for moonlights, but my pump would need to stay on all the time. so what are yall using?

About any timer will work.
I've used those $5.00 timers from the dollar store on up to my RK Lite with great success.As long as the timer has a ground plug,it'll work.:D

I think ggNoRe is the only person that hasn't had problems with the Coralife timer! Which only means that his hasn't broken...YET. :lol:

I also use the $5 timers from the hardware store. On my nano, I was using one of the manual ones with the dial that you spin. I have yet to set up the timers I have for my 90, because I have to put in new batteries for them... But those ones are digital and cost $7 I think.

Yeah. I use the $8 timers from the hardware store and they work fine. Be careful not to accidentally depress the little buttons during as this will throw everyting out of whack.

60209506.jpg

I'm using a RKE now but in the past have use a timer similar to what Sen showed.The only thing sucks about them is that they take up so much space.Use a timer on the daylights and actinics,run the moonlights 24/7.

Back