To Lift or not to lift , what is the question !

jackamo55

Reefing newb
Firstly i just want to say a big thanks to everyone on this site as without you guys i wouldnt have been able to get my tank up and running in the last few weeks .So thumbs up all !! Next thing is my next questions to fire at you . My new tank is hanging over the edges of it stand on both sides by about 3/4 " . So the piece of 1" plywood came today , so the time has come to get it under the tank somehow without much disturbance . My idea was to remove about 80% of the water then replace with combining a water change. But im a little concerned , should i remove some of my rock ? Will the bottom hold my sand and abit of water ? I only have to lift it up for a split second but am unsure of how much force it ill be able to hold....anyway just though id put it to the floor any suggestions appreciated thanks again

If you remove majority of the water, I don't see a 25 gallon tank being too heavy. Just make sure your rocks aren't stacked in a way that they can topple over and break the glass while lifting the tank. Good luck. :)

Back