To move a 75G Tank??

Get lots of bins. Put saltwater from tank in them. One at a time of course. When the first one is filled put LR in it. Next one fish, next one corals,ect. Leave enough water to keep sand wet. If it's going to take awhile add heaters and powerheads in bins. Move tank to new place. Then put everything back. Also can add some new water but not all.

You can either use 5 gallon buckets from the hardware store, or rubbermade tubs/bins like Piggy said. As long as the rock is kept moistened, it will be okay. You can probably leave the sand in the bottom of the tank and move it, but drain as much water as you can to make it easier to move.

Well I'm sure you'll get a few other replies and advice, but the basics:
> Keep as much of the water as you can
> try not to disturb the sand
> sump?
1) Switch everything off and unplug it...
2) disconnect all lights, pumps, etc - remove what makes sens into boxes or directly to the new location
3) Fish out first into large containers with heaters (prob not necessary at this time of year) and something to move the water = filter / powerhead (breaking the surface) or air pump.
4) rocks out (prob ok to just keep them wet - I put mine in buckets with water).
... you can use the water out of the tank for all this
5) empty the rest of the water into large containers (that you will still be able to carry to the new location when full of water) - take out as much as possible - right down to the sand line...
6) now - with a friend or two you should be able to lift the tank and carry it to where you want it.
7) move the stand and sump
8) put the tank back on the stand - water - rocks
9) when happy - fish

how far you moving it?

Very carefully:mrgreen:
Make sure to use something to pad the bottom of the tank in the vehicle.Wet sand is heavy so you'll want to support the bottom of the tank.

How about sump filter specifically the sponges and bioballs do they have to be wet at all times. I'm moving approx. 1/2 hr away. In moving the fish do I have to airate the water. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated especially if I forgot to think of anything.

Thanks again guys.:bowdown:

It wouldnt hurt to pick up a couple of those battery operated airpumps.I doubt that would be a must have,but better safe than sorry.

when i went to the city and bought my fish, the rode on a 2 hour trip back home and made it just in the bags. probably not the smartest thing to do, but they survived just fine.

Back