tomato clownfish

parrotchute

DUSTOFF MEDEVAC
I have a new tomato clown fish (before I just had 2 cranky damsels); he's been hiding in the back of my tank behind a rock for 2 days now. I know he's adapting, but should I be concerned about feeding him? I tried to get some food back there, but I'm not sure if he even looked at it.
Thanks!

He'll be alright without food untill he gets adjusted.Just give him time and when hes comfortable enough to come out,he'll eat.

Yote is right -- it can take up to a week for new fish to adjust. Keep trying to feed him a little bit, but if he doesn't come out, try again the next day.

Okay, I thought as much, but he's so much cooler than my damsels and I can't wait to see him comfortable. One of my damsels is so aggressive that I'm going to have to bring him back to the LFS for his own protection (i.e., before I flush him)

My tomato hates me at the moment as he was the last one left to be transferred to the new tank. Maybe he felt sad and alone for the whole 2 min. Anyways he usually hides behind, in the back of the tank in his "live rock hidey hole", but when i bring out the live brine he cirtainly drops the act. So like Yote and such siad he'll be right, if not he will go hungry.

Back