too much flow?

Kully3xf

Reefer Madness
Is it possible to have too much flow? I've heard many dif numbers for minimums but never a maximum... I currently have in my possesion a 750gph pump, and 2 550's that i don't think are pushing 550... either way... i have a 29g. tank is running all 3 going to be too much?

Im trying to find a way to give my xenia a bunch of flow, but there are other corals in the tank that decided to attach to the same rock that don't want that much and i can angle a ph to pump right on the xen.

currently i have the 750 pushing water behind the rocks and it wraps around on to the other side of the tank and goes thru the 550 has good circulation around the tank but the xen isnt to happy

Any input would be appreciated!!!

maybe a picture would help?

It all depends on what your planning on keeping in the end.

If the plan is all softies like xenia, leathers, ect... you can get away with 10-15x the total volume of the tank

LPS more like 20-30x

SPS almost 40x the volume of the tank

You won't want some PH's to pointed directly at any of your corals unless they provide broad flow similar to korallia's, vortechs or oceanstreams these ph's are rated high but actually don't feel like they are pushing all that much.

Also, randomizing the flow would be more important than having a set ammount of flow, IMO.

Back