Too much live rock

salt01

Reefing newb
Is there such thing as too much live rock in your tank? It seems to me that my tank is 65% live rock and i may not have enough flow to blow off detritis in and around it. I thought about re aquascaping and creating big gaps on the stacking. Would this help with the detritis build up in those unseen places. My rock is all stacked up against the back angled to the front bottom. Looking at other tanks there is lots of gaps and flow through the rock

the more open your rocks are the better flow you will have and healthier biofilter and depending on the type of rock you may take some out of the DT and put it in the sump or just leave it out up to you another question is how much flow do you have

Ummm, you should look at my tank. I have about 115lbs of live rock in my 37 gal cube. So,I don't think you have too much personally.

Mine is almost like that so its ok then i guess. Do you have any issues with detritis smitty and enough flow getting in there? I have 2 koralia 3s and a koralia 2 pushing my 110 tall

I have 2 koralia pumps(a 2 and a 3) behind the rocks also to constantly keep anything from settling back there.

Back