torch looks strange

over my head

Reefing newb
just noticed that my torch has some what changed from a solid brownish to a brown speckled lookin color water spec are spot on has anyone ever had this happen

this is the beat i can do

Attachments

• IMAG0564.jpg
    IMAG0564.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 302
  • IMAG0563.jpg
    IMAG0563.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 305
I can see what you are talking about, like brown stripes all over it. No idea what it could be, other than the first thing that comes to mind is Brown Jelly Disease. But im not even 50% sure about that.

I sort of see the brown streaks too. That's weird; I don't think I've ever seen that before. I don't think it's brown jelly disease. In that case, the coral dies off and you are left with a brown slime on the skeleton.

It acts like it always has doesn't shrivel up its always out in the current so to speak and still looks very healthy i will just have to keep a good eye on it

How long have you had it? What lights do you have? What lights had it been kept under when you got it?

My initial guess is that it is perhaps coloring up under your lights and you are seeing the beginnings of a color change.

i have had it for 8 months at first i had a pair of mh/t5s and for the last 3 months its been under a 120 watt led fixture my acan, galaxia and nem are doing great under the leds and the tourch is about17 inches from the light our mid way up in the tank the tank is 17 inches tall

Back