Total Nob Question (what type of coral is this)

jpython

Reefing newb
Hey Guys ...
I am new to the to Saltwater aquarium (around a month) ... but not new to the feshwater part of the hobby.

i've just setup a new biocube tank ... however the tank was cycled a while back and was ready for live stock.

i have a small live rock setup with four of this soft corals in the picture ... when i first strated i was under the impresion that these were anemone corals (and i actully fed them some shrimps) but after reading alot and looking at pictures from the internet i found out that i am totaly wrong :grumble: ... after more research i ID'd them as some sort of Duncan Corals .... and it made more sence as anemone needs more essablished tanks and are harder to keep and these guys looked really happy and doing well.

however i was reading an artical about common tank critters and found out a picture of AIPTASIA and i am confused again ....

your help is really apprechited ...

Attachments

• 2012-08-21 19.13.14.jpg
    2012-08-21 19.13.14.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 969
So what should I do to improve their condition …. I am trying to maintain a stable parameters and so far so good … and I as I mentioned before I feed them some shrimp pieces and all off them eat them in no time,,,, :)

If it's the BioCube stock lighting, it should be okay. They come with pretty good lighting -- enough for a BTA, IMO. I think at this point, your best bet is to keep your water quality as good as possible (which is what you are doing already). It is very important that nitrates be as close to zero as possible, and that you do not have swings in temperature. They still have good coloration -- so that indicates that they are still in relative good health. If they start to turn pale or white, that means they are going downhill.

thanks for the support guys i really do appreciate it ... bifferwine is correct it is the stock biocube ligting fixture actinic & the 10,000 T5 build ....

what about that on off and timing for them .... i run around 10 hours of lighting ...

Back