Trading for Credit

PRC

Stop Quoting Me!
I've got 2 spare lights that I'm not using. I think I may go up to the LFS and just get some store credit, can't manage to sell them on local forums.

Coralife 36" 96w Actinic and 10k bulb. New $250.
GLO 48" 2 x 54w T5HO New $150.

They're in good condition and include all bulbs. How much do you think I should get if I trade them for store credit. I've got the bug to get come corals today, but I'm not gonna give them away.

If your LFS is like mine ,it'll will be like an episode of pawn stars,they may give you half and then turn around and sell them for double that....put them on the bay or CL,thats your best bet...maybe try here too

I've had them on some local forums and CL with not so much as a nibble...I sold my 48" MH on here and it cost me $100 to ship the damn thing so I ended up taking a bath on it. I'm not shipping anymore lights.

really? You get half? Man I'd be pretty happy with getting half out of the deal. Around here you get on average only 1/3 or 1/4 what they sell it for. Its the reason why I dont supply LFS, I'll always support them by giving them my buisness though.

If your LFS is like mine ,it'll will be like an episode of pawn stars,they may give you half and then turn around and sell them for double that....put them on the bay or CL,thats your best bet...maybe try here too

really? You get half? Man I'd be pretty happy with getting half out of the deal. Around here you get on average only 1/3 or 1/4 what they sell it for. Its the reason why I dont supply LFS, I'll always support them by giving them my buisness though.
I hear you cageburn I dont think i've ever seen half of whatever I have is worth..More like 1/3 and i still walk outta there with my ahole hurting from the rappin I got:shock:.. Then I go in a few days later and find my livestock on sale for more then I bought it for...

I've never taken anything back for credit. I guess I'll just hold onto them until I find somebody local. I want some corals today!!!! Damn it.

I'm not sure what they would give,my old LFS did this for his true ,loyal customers...My new one ,i have no clue.....
wouldn't hurt to ask though

YOu have to realize that the store needs to make something on it too. They are not going to buy it for 150 then sell it for 150. They are taking a risk that it will even sell at all. I think if you got half of what they sell it for you did good. Money in your pocket today versus maybe never.

Try looking at Greyhound to ship heavy stuff. It takes a while to get somewhere (and the recipient has to pick it up at the bus stop), but it's a fraction of the price.

Try looking at Greyhound to ship heavy stuff. It takes a while to get somewhere (and the recipient has to pick it up at the bus stop), but it's a fraction of the price.

I had no idea..very interesting..You are a well of information.

Back