Twin spot goby

Discussion in 'Reef Fishes' started by darrenahenson, Apr 2, 2014.

1. darrenahenson

darrenahenson

Anyone ever had success with a twin spot goby? I have a substrate that's established with a lot of pods. Any tips?

darrenahenson, Apr 2, 2014
    1. Advertisements

2. darrenahenson

Old Tom

Twin spots do best in pairs but are still difficult to raise, they will eat most of the pods in a few weeks and must be fed live pods on a continual basis. You will need to add new load every two to three weeks. I had a pair of gobys that I kept for more than a year and they did very well, however the cost of keeping them alive was enormous; about $40 per month. Good luck, they need and eat a lot of food-some time you can get them to eat small particle of good dry pellets as a suppliment not as a ongoing source of food.

Old Tom, Apr 4, 2014
    1. Advertisements

3. darrenahenson

ReeferRob

I'm with Tom on these little guys, they need lots of food. If you're looking for a goby like that, Hectors, rainfordis or one of the Banded gobies (Amblygobius phalaena) are a much better choice for sleeper type gobies. The bandeds will pick at bryopsis and hair algae as a bonus.

ReeferRob, Apr 5, 2014
    Aquarian likes this.
  4. darrenahenson

bronson

This is the same with dragonets and some blennies like scooter blennies am i right?:unsure:

bronson, Apr 5, 2014
  5. darrenahenson

Aquarian

Yes they require lots of pods in the tank they spend all day hunting and eating and can decimate a tanks pod population very quickly and then starve. You can train or buy a tank raised dragonet which will more readily accept frozen foods.

Aquarian, Apr 5, 2014
  6. darrenahenson

Old Tom

Spot on, these little guys also need a lot of additional live foods. Thanks for the added information we sometimes get focused on the question and forget to give a complete answer.

Old Tom, Apr 5, 2014
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question