Two of the coolest things in my tank

daugherty

part time reefer
when these first started growing they were very small and now they are about the size of a half of a dollar bill. i have 5 or 6 of these in my sump

008-17.jpg

003-24.jpg

Nice James. They look a little familiar. I have something growing inside my frogspawn that is the same color. I thought mine was a sponge of some sort. Guess I'll have to wait until dark and take a better look.

They are cool looking. Those are in your sump? Then those rocks they are on are as well. Your sump rocks look better than my DT rocks..:mrgreen:

Did they just appear one day? That's what boggles my mind is one day nothin then the next there is something new. How does it get there? This hobby is just crazy to me.

it has been growing for the last couple years but just in the last year it has more than doubled in size. now i found one in the DT that has started growing but it is only the size of a pea

i dont know they could have been on the rock for the last 12 years and within the last couple decided to start growing or there could have been a spore on a coral i have gotten. i have no idea how i got them but i am glad they are there

Maybe I'm crazy but that really amazes me. How something can survive for that long and one day bamm they start growing.

For example.

Last night I grab the flashlight to take a look at my tank. Both me and my wife standing there. I just turn on the light and something red tube like darted back into the rock. It happened so fast I didn't get a good look. I turned to my wife and asked "Did you see that" she responded with a yes "what the hell was that". I check a few more times but never did see it again.

One is truly a student forever in this hobby.

That`s what I would guess too.

Actually, they are the most basic vertebrates. In their adult form you can't see the defining characteristics of vertebrates, but in their free swimming larval form they posses all of them. Also they are the only animal to secrete cellulose like a plant, but they use it as an outer coating rather than as a cell wall.

Back