Uh-oh...aiptasia?

wontonflip

I failed Kobayashi Maru
I found this in the back corner of my sump, in the refugium section, sitting on a strip of silicon on the glass:

aiptasia.jpg

Is this an aiptasia? Looks like the one in the pictures I googled of it. Should I go ahead and get rid of it even though it's just in the sump?

Yea go ahead and get rid of it, it could get in your DT and if you see any there, get a few peppermint shrimps some of them will eat the aips

what special needs do peppermint shrimp have anyway? the aiptasia is halfway up the sumps glass, so I don't know how the shrimp could get to it.

what special needs do peppermint shrimp have anyway? the aiptasia is halfway up the sumps glass, so I don't know how the shrimp could get to it.

The peppermints will go in your display tank, not sump. They will eat aips in your DT. The aips in the sump you need to get rid of yourself.

Pepperminds dont really have a special need. They are a special member of your cleaner crew that also eats aips.

Looks like my aiptasia shriveled up and died in the sump on its own..hehehe. Well, hopefully if any spawns are in my main tank the new pep will eat it up.

:bounce:

Back