Uknown Critters Have Appeared

Burch01

Reefing newb
Hey Guys!! I require your help once again. While observing my tank last night I made a few discoveries. The first being two round buttons with clear tentacles all around it. I am thinking it is aiptasia???? The second being a round critter with little arms all around it and it moves from one rock to the next. It is located in pic 2 on the white rock. I appologize for the elementary descriptions so I have attached some pics. Sorry for the poor picture quality, I have a Canon Powershot S3 IS and I have yet to learn how to use it properly. I appreciate any input as to what I have inherited..

Attachments

• Unknown Critter 2.jpg
    Unknown Critter 2.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 450
  • Unknown Critter.jpg
    Unknown Critter.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 447
The first looks like aiptasia to me, just get some aiptasia X and kill those suckers. Dont get too stressed, everyone gets them, just take care of them promptly.

And the second looks like a baby urchin! I would just keep an eye on him and make sure he is reef safe, but he is a very cool hitchhiker!

Thanks bunches Fish!!!! Wow an urchin that is cool. Haven't seen him before maybe he just hatched or soemthing?? I do not have my lights yet so the only time the tank is lighted is when I am home and with a floor lamp. I am too paranoid to leave it on when I'm not home. Too afraid I'll catch the house on fire with my hound inside. I could deal with no house but not a charred hound lol. My light fixture is supposed to be delivered next week. Anyway back on topic. Will this little guy be ok until I get my new lights? From what I quickly read about urchins they should be ok food wise with the coraline on some of my rocks right??

He is a little cutie isn't he. I think I will name him Bob. I literally sat and watched him for half an hour last night before I went to bed. I was so excited.

Urchins ROCK! Go Bob, GO!

Heck YEAH!!! Bob is making a buffet out of my coraline lol.

Ok so I have another unknown critter that just appeared out of no where :shock:. It looks like a claw growing out of my sand bed :dunno:. Is there a good website to go to that has photos of hitchhikers and such so I dont' have to keep pestering you all with questions?

Also on a good note, what I thought was Aiptasia turned out to be a non-photosynthetic stony coral according to wet web media :^:.

Attachments

• Unknown Critter 4.jpg
    Unknown Critter 4.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 331
Back