ummmmmm? idk

dwinzent

Reefing newb
what is this thing? i noticed it a couple weeks ago and it hasnt moved but seems to be growing. it has a metalic look to it and feels sorta rubbery? it dissapeared for a couple days and now it is back in the same spot? not sure what to do about it. all i have in the tank right now is two perc clowns, cuc, and a coral beauty.
PICT0102.jpg

You talking about that green bubble?
Thats bubble algae.
You can pull it off the rock and just toss it.But be careful not to pop it in the tank.If it pops in the tank,you'll wish you had 1000000000000 aiptasias in there instead.

+1 Biff, grab a few emerald crabs to eat the algae before it gets out of control...You could also do a water change to pull some of the spores out of the water before they settle.

+1 all above; plus if you takes smitty's suggestion and combine that with keeping the lights off for a few days, then do another water change that should be a pretty good pre-emptive strike

thanks for all the info guys. ill try to keep the lights off and see how many pop up. also try water changes how many emerald crabs would you recommend for a 120?

depends if your LFS doesn't mine takin' a few back when the algae is gone or how much you want to spend, but I would say at least 2

Back