Underwater photography?

photokaty

Reefing newb
Hello! I will be making another trip to Jamaica in September and this time I want to go prepared! The snorkeling there was incredible and I would love to have an underwater camera/camcorder. Anyone have any that they would recommend? :sfish:

I had an Olympus E-3 with a housing.
Like this:
Underwater Housing for Olympus E-3
It is discontinued though.

I got some pictures like these:

P7201812.jpg

P7020025.jpg

P1010020.jpg

P7020031.jpg

Using the flash with it though kills the picture, bringing out red flecks in the water.

The camera I have, they don't make an underwater housing for, so I figured I would just go with an actual underwater camera. Those are awesome photos!! I saw sooo many things snorkeling last year that I would have love to captured! A cool squid, lots of blue spot rays, a rock fish, eels, urchins galore! Thanks for the advice though!

Well, I love Olympus, they make some decent underwater, shatterproof hardy cameras, you should check out their website. They take some decent photos too!
I had a u1030sw. It was 10.1 Mega pixel I believe, and it was 30' Waterproof, and I dropped it off the pier once, and it still survived. It was one tough little camera, I think they go for around 400, should check that one out too.

May I suggest a GoPro with the diver's case? My kids gave me one as a gift and I am shocked by how well it works. Videos are crisp and sharp. I added the dive case and tested it around Destin last week as well as in my tank. I'm heading to the Bahamas in a week and will post up photos if I see anything interesting. It does photos as well.

Back