Unknown critters

JimFun71

Reefing newb
Hi all,
I'm a week into cycliing my tank and I have noticed several critters that have ventured off the live rock. 1. is a 6 legged starfish about as big as my pinky nail. 2. (I believe to be a star also but it has 3 legs.) 3. Is a teeny weenie 4 legged star about 1/4 the size of my pinky nail. Are these stars or some nudibranch scavanger I should throw in the trash? 4 and 5 look like shrimps but they are very small and I cant get a good look at them. They are very fast and every time I walk to the tank they dart into a hole in the rocks. My question is are they good or bad in my tank. If there good I would like to keep them. I checked my water and I got 0,0,0 for NH3, NA3, NO2 If there ok to keep I would like to keep them. What should I feed them? I didn't plan on anything in the tank for at least another month. Thanks for any advice,
Jim

those little stars people consider nuisance, but i love them, they divide in half to reproduce. are they a white color with a few faint orangish spotr?

The stars are asternia stars, which are common hitchhikers. Not really bad, but can grow out of control.
And the shrimp looking creatures are pods, which are also common hitchhikers on live rock, and signs of a healthy tank.
Don't worry about feeding them, they'll eat leftover food, fish waste, algae, and diatoms.

is it bad to have a ton of micro brittles, and asterina stars? i have to have 30 micro brittles in my rocks. when i feed the can smell it and they start waving all aroundd hah. they are about 2-3 inches arm to arm.

Back