UnWanted Guest

jcg432

Reefing newb
I have noticed my sandbed had been Moved Around A Little...... Then I started to notice that under the Rocks we had small holes... Like Hidding Places..... Last Night I Noticed a small crab....Must have been In one of the live rock I Bought..... That is the only explanation.... I have tried to take a picture of it for you guys to look at but it is always in side a rock.... It looks like a small crab.... Maybe the size of a quarter...... I just dont want it to die in there.... Or do you think it is eating out of the sand bed a night..... May one of you can help....

I just added a picture of my little guest to my gallery....
In his defense he has not done anything to the fish or my starfish.....

Last edited:
Identify it first then we can help make a determination on removing it or not, I can also help you build an inexpesive trave to catch him.

Any crab that has not been identified needs to be trapped. so i recommend you connect with chris and get a trap to capture the bugger and then identify it. If it turns out to be safe good and if not you can remove it.

I have Posted the Pic Of The Unwanted Guest

I have posted a pic of the unwanted guest maybe you guys can check it out....... :bounce:

The only one that it looks like it might be is an emerald crab.

Unfortuneltly with the quality of the picture there is no way to know for sure.

Look up a picture of an emerald crab it if looks like that then i say its ok to leave it.

If not just remove it to be on the safe side.

Brandon

Back