Upgrade Tank size

Just looking for pointers to help.

before i jump into this just, let me say i have a well established 40g breeder tank with coral,fish and inverts.
i want to upgrade to a 180g or 210g. just want to get all the info i can before i decide to tackle such a big upgrade....yes i know i should have started big to begin with. :^:
thank you in advance.

+1 on craigs list. So many good deals can be found but you need the cash and the ability to jump on it fast. Truck and some strong friends are a plus as well...

i have a tank in mind already. im just asking what goes along with the switching process, if i add all my critters rock sand water etc. will i go through another cycle if i add more live rock and sand? the rock will already be cured. everything i have comes from the same store.

Transferring live rock wont be a issue. I would use new sand. Trying to wash out and re use old sand is a pain in the ass and would be where 99.9% of the :pooh: would come from. If it was me, I would by a bunch of dry rock. This is a good place to get it. MarcoRocks Aquarium Products The rock from your established system will make it all live pretty quick. I would also try to use as much of the old water as possible. When I transferred from my old corner tank to my 45 I used all the rock plus a few new dry rocks and all the water from the old tank. I also used new sand. I never even had a minni cycle.

Back