Used Nikon Cameras are these good deals? (looking for advice)

Discussion in 'Photography' started by troybuckle, Jan 7, 2011.

1. troybuckle

troybuckle

I am looking and thinking about getting a Nikon SLR Camera, I would love the d3100 but I can't justify spending that much on something I will only use now and then. However, I did come across these deals on the local classifieds and was wondering which is the better camera and/or deal.
    DSLR Nikon D40X camera. It comes with two lenses, the kit lens 18-55 and a Sigma Apo DG Macro motorized Auto focus Zoom lens 70-300mm.
    http://www.nlclassifieds.com/classifieds/Electronics/PhotoandImaging/DigitalCameras/548285
    or

Nikon D60 comes with 4Gb memory card, Optex 52mm UV Filter, Quantaray 58mm spot filter, Quantaray 58mm R2 filter, 52-58mm adapter ring, Charger, USB cord, owners manual, Quick start guide, and Stock 15-55mm Nikon lens.
    http://www.nlclassifieds.com/classifieds/Electronics/PhotoandImaging/DigitalCameras/547335
    Thanks for your help.

troybuckle, Jan 7, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. troybuckle

OhNoNemo i love triggers

DSLR's are awesome and i can't even begin to tell you how much i love mine.....
    If your only a casual shooter(like me) and don't care about having a "nikon" or "cannon",then give the cheaper Olympus brand a look....I use the E-420(350 bucks) and love the thing.....I never understood why people are so willing to just dump money on a top brand name when the person taking the pictures is what really makes the difference ...Now i am no expert at all ,not even close,but thats why i didn't feel the need to drop 700+ on a top brand.....i wouldn't know how to use or even care about how to use half of its features ...just my :twocents:

OhNoNemo, Jan 7, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. troybuckle

troybuckle

I am going to go have a look at that one now, I like Nikon because I see a lot of people on here using it and they have a good rep, but so does Olympus. I’m in the same boat as you and don’t want to spend a lot. Do you have any examples of pics you took with that camera?

troybuckle, Jan 7, 2011
  4. troybuckle

OhNoNemo i love triggers

OhNoNemo, Jan 7, 2011
  5. troybuckle

troybuckle

Thanks! I checked out the pics it looks like that camera takes very nice shots, good quality are you using the lens that came with the cam or did you pick up a macro lens, if so how much was it?

troybuckle, Jan 7, 2011
  6. troybuckle

ZyberGoby Because I'm clever VIP Member

for my self i always loved my Pentax my first camera was a pentex ME Super from 1980 then i got a pentex Zx60 35mm film for when i was in college taking fine arts and photography now i have a Pentax K2000 Digital SLR Camera that i am trying to get fixed :( but for working camera i just have my :( kodak M1033 HD point and shoot it does an alright job so i really cant complain. I still cant wait to get my Pentax fixed:grumble:

ZyberGoby, Jan 7, 2011
  7. troybuckle

OhNoNemo i love triggers

Yes,its this one
    Olympus - ED 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6

OhNoNemo, Jan 7, 2011
  8. troybuckle

fishsticks No clue about reefs

can i post one for canon!
    jk great shots though.

fishsticks, Jan 7, 2011
  9. troybuckle