Using Purple Up?

all it is is calcium and ground aragonite. if you dont check your cal levels than dont use it. some people saay it works and some see no added benifit. i have useed it and seen no improvment

My LFS told me that I would better off testing and dosing magnesium. I have not tried it nor do I know if this is true or false.

I have used it with good results in my smaller tank. In my larger tank I haven't seen much effect. I think there are better calcium products out there. And James is right don't use it without testing. It is easy to over dose.

its basically a calcium supplement. check your calcium levels before you use it. the same rule goes for anything else. if you dont test for what its supposed to help then dont use the product. that being said, its 50/50 with people, some say its amazing some say its a waste of money

Save your money for more important stuff like fish and corals.
As long as you keep nitrates and phosphates as low as possible.Keep the calcium,alkalinity,and magnesium levels right,and the temp around 77-78,and you'll end up with more coralline than you want.

Back