Velvet or Whitespot?

LearnerPlates

Reefing newb
So shortly after i post my first thread on this website i get thanked with a case of whitespot or velvet? haha it must be a omen!

So i believe it is whitespot because my tang had it first and it was just the little white spots on its body and it was scratching on rocks.

But now after i have began treatment with OODONEX my emporor angel looks like it has velvet and it has lost half a fin!

When treating with oodonex it says that it is fine for use with corals etc just not invertebrates, however sonce i began treatment (two days ago) my corals have been sealed shut and my anenomes have closed right up! 2 of them have even fallen to the bottom of the tank!

Input please!:frustrat:

https://www.livingreefs.com/oh-no-have-ich-do-do-t30950.html

First off, never ever ever ever treat a display tank with any medication ever. You never know what it will do and what it might kill.

Secondly, corals are inverts as are nems, and so the treatment cant be safe for corals and not safe for inverts. I would start doing waterchanges ASAP to try and save your corals. It also sounds like your nems are about to die and I would remove them before they nuke the whole tank.

Back