Very high nitrate....

Leon

Reefing newb
Hi, new to saltwater reefing, today I tested my levels and found my nitrates were really high 100mg/l but ammonia is 0mg/l and nitrite is less than 0.3mg/l. So I immediately did a 30%water change and still no different, I checked my new water I put in before too and all levels were perfect, the tank has been running since November 2017. Any help would appreciated,.. please don’t be mean... :(

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 351
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 301
Welcome to the forum @Leon! Sorry to hear you've been having problems with your tank, hopefully someone will be able to help :)

Hi, new to saltwater reefing, today I tested my levels and found my nitrates were really high 100mg/l but ammonia is 0mg/l and nitrite is less than 0.3mg/l. So I immediately did a 30%water change and still no different, I checked my new water I put in before too and all levels were perfect, the tank has been running since November 2017. Any help would appreciated,.. please don’t be mean... :(
Is this a current photo of your tank? There’s no alge growth like you would see with nitrates that high. How old is your test kit? Did you repeat the test?

Back