1. It’s competition time here on Living Reefs! All you need to do to enter is to post on the forum or refer a friend, and you could be in with a chance to win an algae scrubber worth $100. The deadline is the end of June, so don’t leave it too late. Check out the details here: Competition! Win a HOG algae scrubber worth $100
    Dismiss Notice

Very high nitrate....

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by Leon, Mar 2, 2018.

1. Leon

Leon

Hi, new to saltwater reefing, today I tested my levels and found my nitrates were really high 100mg/l but ammonia is 0mg/l and nitrite is less than 0.3mg/l. So I immediately did a 30%water change and still no different, I checked my new water I put in before too and all levels were perfect, the tank has been running since November 2017. Any help would appreciated,.. please don’t be mean... :(

Attached Files:

Leon, Mar 2, 2018
    1. Advertisements

2. Leon

Becky Administrator

Welcome to the forum @Leon! Sorry to hear you've been having problems with your tank, hopefully someone will be able to help :)

Becky, Mar 2, 2018
    1. Advertisements

3. Leon

Aquarian

Is this a current photo of your tank? There’s no alge growth like you would see with nitrates that high. How old is your test kit? Did you repeat the test?

Aquarian, Mar 2, 2018
    Becky likes this.
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question