Wacha Think of this Tank?

phastroh

Do Not Listen To Me!!!
I posted on Craigslist for anyone that want to give me a free tank 150-200 Gal.

This guy emailed me saying he wouldn't give it to me but would be willing to trade.

He said this is 225Gal which is HUGE to me but it doesn't look drilled. Is this worth it. he said it is in excellent shape but man I don't want a non drilled tank. Maybe I can have it drilled and put in a corner overflo.

Most tanks I see like this have 2 corner overflows and I would not know how to install that at all.

Also the cabinet doesn't look like it would be easy to get to the sump unless I just can't see how.

I asked a lot of questions though and offered some items.

Attachments

• IMAG0106.jpg
    IMAG0106.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 256
It looks like that black piece in the back is an overflow, so maybe it IS drilled. Also, I would think that "decorative" piece on the front of the stand doubles as a door for access to the sump area. That's a big ass tank though. I don think I'd ever go that big, too much of a running expense for me.

Yes I talked to the guy.

It is drilled with an overflow in the back.

He paid $3000 for the tank to have it custom made.

The sides of the stand come off.

He wanted to trade for a truck/SUV or a gun hahaha. I mean who is trading a vehicle for a tank. I mean not to say someone wouldn't or hasn't but common.

Ok here is my pick up and shotgun thanks for the tank.

No way.

I thought he may want my Alpine CD Player - it is my detachable face that is silver with the blue lights and XM ready or I have a bunch of Rockford Fosgate Punch Amp or even my 10" Kicker Solobaric but a truck HAHAHAHA.

I even had an Injen Air Intake I used to have on my '01 Eclipse GT. You never know what car he has.

I offered a ton of Xbox 360 games I don't use.

I used to have an Eclipse GT that had headers, computer controlled engine, stereo, etc. It was really a show car I drove. That is why I have all this stuff but I don't think I will be putting bass in my car ever again I am old haha.

Point of the story is that it is crazy. You are right it isn't worth it.

I see many people with like 125Gal tanks that want $1000. I am like yeah ok no-one is buying it.

I'll just keep waiting as I am in no rush. I thought about putting my stuff on Craigslist as a trade but I don't really know if I want to. You never know I may use it one day haha.

Whoa that is way to big for me.

I was looking to go only 150. I don't want to me doing that big if a water change.

30 Gal is more than enough for me at a time. 15 for a 10% change is something that is enough as well.

In my area Craigslist, we can usually get $1 per gallon when we check on it often. Just got a 50g over the weekend for $40. :D

However, there are always people asking for thousands for even a 100g tank.

Back