Watchman Goby and Lawnmower Blennie

staceyfenea

Reefing newb
I have a Lawnmower Blennie in my 55 gal and am considering purchasing a Watchman Goby for that tank. Do these two fish normally have problems with each other?

+1 lilfish....my LB and Diamond goby pretty much leave each other alone. Once in a while, my goby will intimidate the goby by opening his mouth wide and chase him off, but they don't come to full blows.

idk about that back about a year ago i did that and the LB went all serial killer on the goby chased it and killed it
that blenny was gone within a day

Like people, each fish has their own personality. My wussy foxface would be chased by my LB from the algae clips, so I had to set up 2 algae clips. But my goby would likewise chase my LB from wherever he happens to be sifting sand. It's always 50/50 how fish will behave in our tanks.

I happen to have both a yellow watchmen and a lawnmower blenny,the goby lives in the sand with a blue gudgeon dartfish under the same rock.While the blenny lives midlevel in a hole in a rock that i cant belive he can fit in.they dont pay attention to each other at all.

I have a watchman goby and a midas blenny and they get along good. I think blenny is more playful and energetic while goby is all business so its funny to watch them annoy each other.

Back