water change wait time thingy

I have read mine cover to cover 3 times. I know it says that if you age your water you shouldnt be to worried about using tap water unless your water supply is really bad and be more focused on the quality of your skimmer and how much you feed. Which imo is a very good point. You have to look at all factors of what you are putting into your tank. Feeding is the biggest mistake most new people make (myself included) its just so hard not to feed your fish when they come up to the top every time they see you saying "feed me" However if you are good about feeding and you have a top notch skimmer and you still have issues then you need to look at the source water. Personally I think alot of the problems people have with aquariums (myself included) is we just cant leave the dang things alone. We feed to much, we adjust the rocks, we scrape the glass we want to get the perfect flow pattern on the power heads etc. Hell I cant remember a day since I have gotten back into this that I havent gotten my hands wet at least once. If we can leave the thing alone and let it settle and go through its course we might be better off. Just my :twocents: and for the record I still cant leave my tank alone I must have looked over at it 20 times while writing this thinking "hmm more rock, another power head over there would be great etc"

Back