Water flow

scu95821

Reefing newb
I have a koraila 2 and 3 in my 55. Is that two much? The 2 is on the far right wall facing the front at a 45 degree and the 3 is on the left front shooting straigt across.

I was thinking of adding a wave maker to the 2 next week

Is your sand staying on the bottom? If it is,then you don't have to much flow:D
But I will advise not to hook the Koralias up to a wave maker.They tend to kick backwards on startup and the repeatedstarting and stopping will cause the housing to bust.
HOWEVER,Koralia is supposed to be putting a new version out next month that can be run with a wavemaker or timer either one.

depends what corals you want to keep. some lps and soft corals dont like really strong currents. (but some do of course) but on the other hand most sps corals require hgh mxed flow to supply food to themselvs and to flush away debris.

Fish only right now but I want all the good stuff later.

The sand was moving a little so I tilted them up almost level. Their currents meet mid tank. I was looking at the $10 wave maker that hooks to the Koralia and spins around, not the cool $200 ones.

AW OK.Those go on like the maxi-jets.I tryed one when I first got into the hobby,but could never keep it from blowing off the powerhead.

Those wavemakers will work in smaller nano tanks but aren't really powerful enough for larger tanks.

The tank I saw it in was bigger than mine but a tall tank so it wasnt very wide and it was FULL of rocks only 2 or 3 fish and tons of coral and anemones.

I was looking for a way to get all the water moving but I think the koralia 3 has taking care of that. Even the water behind the big rock that I had a Aquaclear 20 in is moving now.

The fish seem happier too.

The Koralia's work fine on the Seio controller. They do not shut off and on, just ramp up and down speeds. A fellow Living Reefer turned me on to this and it works great!

I'd say you've got just about the right amount of flow in that 55. Then again, I have a koralia 4 and a mag 7.5 return pump in my 26 gallon...

in my 55 there is 3 one down the back of the tank by the sand(k2)
and there are one on the right and left back corner pointing to the center glass(k3) and I have the ruturn pointed up at the water for ripples at the top

I have a dead spot due to a big ass rock and may need to ad a third to get good flow. I can't take it out it looks too cool

Back