water haze

Hazy/foggy describes a bacteria bloom.A bacteria bloom will give your tank a milky,foggy look because the beneficial bacteria is in the water column.
Are you going through a cycle and has there been any additions,extra feeding,death?

Check your ammonia and nitrite.

Hazy/foggy describes a bacteria bloom.A bacteria bloom will give your tank a milky,foggy look because the beneficial bacteria is in the water column.
Are you going through a cycle and has there been any additions,extra feeding,death?

Check your ammonia and nitrite.

Yes going through cycle right now I have just a nemo, banded shrimp, lawnmower goby, and added 3 days ago a fox also just some snails and 3 hermits 15 days into cycle

Why do you have all of those fish if you are cycling your tank? You really need to take your time when adding fish, or you will just keep running into problems.

I thought you had already cycled your tank?
The foxface may not survive it.And I highly doubt the snails will.

Your just prolonging your cycle by adding all them fish. Your going to have to keep a good eye on your perimeters. Your putting a lot of stress on your livestock. Going to thow in a Dr. Phil "What were you thinking"

I agree that it sounds like a bacterial bloom. Meaning, your bacteria have multiplied big time in order to keep up with all the animals you've added in such a short period of time.

Inverts such as shrimp and snails rarely survive cycles. In fact, I don't even advise adding shrimp until at least a month after the tank is done cycling.

If I were you, I would not add ANY more animals until at least a month after your tank is done cycling. That means ammonia and nitrites at zero. If you do add any more fish, you are headed for a tank crash. Which means everything in your tank dead. And the first sign of a tank crash is a bacterial bloom and a cycle, just like what you are experiencing now.

Try to be patient. Being patient is better than having to deal with a tank full of dead animals and wasted money.

close up pic of water
IMG_0218.JPG

will a water change help at this moment its been 13 days and i havent done any water changes (if so how do i do a water change just add r/o water or do i have to mix saltwater again):zombie:also the skimmer is gettin alot of gunk out will that slow the bloom i have

Well it is a SALTWATER reef aquarium, correct. 13 day and all those fishies and invert sorry if Im being blunt but you are setting yourself up for failure.

You've not really done a whole lot of reading and research on this hobby,have you?
You need to mix some saltwater,using 1/2 cup of a good quality salt mix to a gallon water.Mix it in a clean,food grade 5 gallon bucket.Drop a power head in and let it mix for 24 hours.After 24 hours,check the salinity.It should be at 1.023.
Then siphon out how ever many gallons your going to change and add the new water to the tank.

Your not even ready for a water change. Your tank hasn't cycled yet. Take them fish back to the LFS. Your just prolonging your cycle if you do water changes. The key is PATIENCE. Step one in saltwater. LET TANK CYCLE.

Back