Water levels

Jmck

Reef enthusiast
Alright, I just wanted to check these with you guys. My test kits finally arrived

My salinity was 1.27 - I was wondering if that was slightly too high and I should drop it.

Nitrites - 0
Nitrates - 20
PH - 8.2
Ammonia - 0
Calcium - 480

I havent got my phosphates kit yet

I get a feeling my nitrates might be high because I was overfeeding before I did a bit of research. Now I'm feeding half a block every second day.

Is this nitrate level fine? and with feeding less, will this drop itself? or should I do another water change?

your salinity is like barely high but really shouldn't be a prob. You may want to back it down to 1.026 or 1.025 though. Your Nitrates are ok but you should strive for them to be zero. As you do water changes etc they will start to go down.

+1 VA, your salinity is ok for now, when you do your next water change try and drop it a little to what VA said. You can probably wait until your next scheduled water change to get the nitrates down a little. As far as feeding goes, I usually only feed every 3-4 days, there are organisms in the tank that your fish will feed on in the in between periods.

alright, so extending the feeding is ok, but i would like to build up pods quickly so the less they eat the better lol.

thanks va and all for all the suggestions :)

thanks yote, if I'm going to do something I'm gonna do it right :)

Back