Water Screen ?

Wargod178

Reefing newb
when i do my water changes i use three 5gal buckets. Only this time one of them was open the other day when i was getting ready to change the water in my tank and Hair got Split in it from a hair cut and idea's on a cheap way to get it out????

+1....I have cats...it's impossible to avoid hair in everything there is.....Happily I will have a closed water change setup for the new system....
I have four cats... and never get hair in any of my mixed water? Anytime any of them get anywhere NEAR my tanks, I start yelling and I'll clap my hands. They usually bolt and wont even come near the room itself for several hours lol.

They will never be in the new tank room, and they stay out of the garage too, so it shouldn't be any issue anymore....

But, bottom line....just use a fish net and skim the new water....

Im assuming you use a pump to pump the water from the buckets into the tank. Steal a clean nylon from your wife, girlfriend, etc., and attach to the end of the hose. This way it filters the water as you pump into the fish tank. :D

Im assuming you use a pump to pump the water from the buckets into the tank. Steal a clean nylon from your wife, girlfriend, etc., and attach to the end of the hose. This way it filters the water as you pump into the fish tank. :D

That is a very good idea on how to filter the water before putting it back into the tank.

Back